At New Orleans Legal, we help many different types of people who come to us with a diverse set of problems. What all these individuals have in common is that they suddenly find themselves facing serious legal issues they simply cannot solve on their own. Whether an individual has been injured through the negligence of another and must file a personal injury claim, has been injured at work and is having trouble obtaining necessary workers compensation benefits, has been denied promised and paid for insurance benefits, or is dealing with a business dispute, Attorney Peter J. Diiorio at New Orleans Legal can help.
The extremely personalized service we offer to our clients, along with our track record, sets New Orleans Legal apart from other law firms. We provide aggressive, effective legal representation to each and every client as we maintain the highest standards of excellence, compassion, and integrity. While it is true there are other attorneys in the area who have similar records of recovering the highest settlement possible for their clients, New Orleans Legal is different in that we pick up the phone when clients call, and we always work closely with our clients to provide a solid, personalized approach to their legal issues.
At New Orleans Legal, our clients speak directly to and work directly with Attorney Peter J. Diiorio. All too often, clients must speak to a young, inexperienced attorney, a secretary, or a paralegal, only seeing their experienced, seasoned attorney at the initial meeting and on the day of court. We are different. Mr. Diiorio is always available to his clients to offer sound legal advice, walking his clients through every step of the process.
In short, we do what we do at New Orleans Legal because we truly care about our clients and always put them first. We work hard to develop a personalized understanding of exactly what we can do for them and how we can help. We see our clients’ cases through to the end, no matter the odds or the costs. If you are facing any of the following legal issues, call us today—we wholeheartedly believe in our tagline—Solving Problems, Making Things Right.
Practice Areas of New Orleans Legal, LLC
If you find yourself unexpectedly confronted with any of the following legal issues, contact New Orleans Legal today.
At New Orleans Legal, we help those who have been injured through no fault of their own. This includes those involved in a car accident, a truck accident, a biking accident, a pedestrian accident, a slip and fall, or other premise liability accidents involving unsafe conditions, an accident caused by an impaired driver, an underinsured/uninsured motorist claims. New Orleans Legal also helps those who have suffered catastrophic injuries and are facing a very uncertain future, and wrongful death claims involving those who have lost a loved one due to the improper acts of others. If you are facing any of the following personal injury accidents, contact Attorney Peter J. Diiorio with New Orleans Legal today.
- Car Accidents—Many people are driving to or from work, running errands, or making other necessary trips in their vehicle, properly following the rules of the road, when a negligent driver changes everything in a mere instant. Medical bills may be mounting alarmingly, and many people involved in a car accident find themselves unable to return to work, therefore unable to support themselves and pay their monthly bills. When the insurance company offers those injured by the negligence of another driver a pitifully small settlement, feelings of frustration and anxiety can set in. Having a strong personal injury attorney to negotiate with the insurance company can make all the difference in the outcome of a car accident.
- Truck Accidents—Due to the sheer size of a commercial truck, it is highly likely those in the smaller passenger vehicle will suffer serious, even fatal injuries. Truck accidents are also unique in that liability for the accident may be spread between several entities. The truck driver may have been at fault, the trucking company may have hired an inexperienced driver or failed to complete a thorough background check, the loading company may have improperly loaded the cargo, causing an accident, the maintenance company may not have checked the truck out thoroughly, or the manufacturer of the truck may have sold a defective part. Because of this, it is necessary to have an experienced truck accident lawyer following an accident with injuries.
- Wrongful Death—A wrongful death claim arises when an individual is injured by the carelessness or negligence of another, and those injuries lead to death. The loved ones of the decedent can file a wrongful death claim to recover funeral expenses, lost future wages, and other damages as well.
- Premises Liability Claims—Property owners are required to maintain their property in a reasonably safe manner, free from hazards and dangers. A slip and fall accident is handled under premises liability law, as are certain other accidents.
- Drunk Driving Claims—Individuals injured by a drunk driver must prove the driver was at fault for their injuries. New Orleans Legal helps those injured by an impaired driver recover damages for their injuries, lost wages, and more.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Claims—While drivers in all states are required to have auto insurance, many do not. Those hit by an uninsured driver or an underinsured driver face even more obstacles to getting their lives back to normal; however, New Orleans Legal attorneys can help speed that process along.
New Orleans Legal helps those injured while on the job. These cases are known as workers compensation claims. We make sure those injured on the job receive the benefits they are entitled to receive, including lost wages and medical bills paid, and that they receive necessary medical treatment. While some workers compensation injuries are minor, many others can leave catastrophic injuries, or even fatalities, in their wake. New Orleans Legal can help with:
New Orleans Legal helps individuals involved in insurance disputes, whether that dispute relates to property insurance, homeowners insurance, flood insurance, or other natural disasters. We will step in aggressively when insurance companies refuse to pay the full amount—or refuse to pay at all—of what they should pay. Those whose homes have been damaged by a hurricane, flood, fire, tornado, or other disaster need immediate help to repair their home as the insurance company promised. We also recover money for beneficiaries of life insurance when the insurance company refuses to pay. We aggressively handle “bad faith” insurance claims on behalf of our clients, which can result in an award of 200% in penalties plus attorney’s fees for failing to accurately evaluate and pay insurance claims on time. New Orleans Legal can help you with the following:
- Life Insurance Claims
- Homeowner Claims
- Flood Claims
- Hurricane Damage Claims
- Tornado Damage Claims
- Bad Faith Claims
- Health Insurance Disputes
Succession Disputes/Probate Litigation
At New Orleans Legal, we understand that succession disputes can be both legally complex, as well as emotional and personal. When those involved in succession disputes or litigation have a highly qualified succession dispute attorney from New Orleans Legal, agreements can be reached through negotiation, or litigation, when appropriate. We will aggressively pursue resolution for our clients, through a trial or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
General Civil Litigation
At New Orleans Legal, we help those who have problems that may need to go to court if they are unable to be resolved between the parties. Broadly speaking, these types of cases are known as general civil litigation. While we will stay out of court when possible, we never hesitate to take a case to court to resolve the problem. We are highly skilled negotiators, as well as aggressive litigators when necessary. Some examples of the types of general civil litigation cases we handle include:
- Business Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Fraud and Theft Cases (Personal and Business)
- Defending a Lawsuit from Another Person or Business
- Forcing a Bank to Return Funds Improperly Taken from a Client’s Account
- Property Co-Ownership Disputes
- Defense of Lawsuits
Contact New Orleans Legal
Exemplary Representation with a Personal Touch
Our foremost priority at New Orleans Legal is client satisfaction. Peter J. Diiorio makes it his personal goal to treat each client as an individual with unique needs. We have helped hundreds of individuals in New Orleans and across Southeast Louisiana obtain equitable compensation and the solutions they need and deserve. The personalized attention and prompt communication we provide allows our clients always to know exactly where they stand. Contact New Orleans Legal today for a free consultation.