Harvey Car Accident Attorney: Peter Diiorio
According to LSU data reports, Jefferson Parish had 3,612 car accidents in 2021 that caused injury and 40 that caused death. The most common type of car accident among these was rear-end accidents at 1,475, with five fatalities. Sideswipe or “T-bone” accidents were the next most common type of Jefferson Parish car accident. Distracted drivers are the primary cause of rear-end accidents and many other Harvey car accidents. Across the state of Louisiana, in the same year, there were 46,633 car accidents that caused injury and 863 that caused one or more deaths.
If you have been involved in a Harvey car accident, you were likely left shaken, injured, perhaps unable to work and make a living, and overwhelmed by an uncertain future. You may have medical bills piling up and cannot even pay your normal monthly expenses. You do not have to face these issues alone. When you hire Harvey car accident attorney Peter J. Diiorio, you can almost immediately let go of many of the stressful issues you are facing and place your focus where it belongs—on healing and moving forward. Peter will take the burdens associated with dealing with the insurance company and proving liability from your shoulders and can even help you get the medical treatments you need for your health and your future.
How Long After a Car Accident Can Symptoms Appear?
While you will usually know you are hurt immediately following a Harvey car accident, there are some instances where it could take days—or even weeks—for symptoms to appear. In fact, life-threatening injuries have been known to remain relatively hidden for weeks, worsening daily, before the individual realizes the injury was sustained in a car accident. This is because some injuries (particularly those to internal organs) may not display obvious symptoms.
You may have been in a car collision on Monday yet did not notice any overt symptoms until Friday. Therefore, you should always go to the hospital or your own doctor immediately following a Harvey car accident. It can be easy to mistake car accident symptoms for a minor ailment when, in fact, your injuries are quite severe. Whiplash is another injury that may not fully manifest for days after the accident. As a soft tissue injury, whiplash generally resolves in weeks or months but, in some cases, can cause long-lasting pain and issues with mobility.
How Long Should You Be Sore Following a Car Accident?
Even following a relatively minor car accident, you can expect the soreness in your body to last for at least a couple of weeks. Following a more severe accident—if you have no severe injuries—you can expect the soreness to linger for as long as six weeks. Car accident victims typically experience at least some pain in the neck and back from the force of the impact. With proper treatment, broken bones resulting from the car accident can heal in six to eight weeks, although you may have lingering pain and other medical issues related to the broken bones.
There are specific symptoms you should never ignore following your Harvey car accident. If you experience any of the following, see your doctor immediately, or go to your nearest ER or urgent care.
- A headache that will not go away could signify traumatic brain injury or a concussion that has not healed.
- Sharp pain—especially a new sharp pain—warrants an immediate visit to a medical professional because it generally indicates a more severe injury than you thought.
- Your body pains seem to be increasing rather than getting better. Since soreness from the accident should gradually decline if your pain is increasing that’s a sign you should see a doctor.
- Weakness in the arms or legs could indicate a serious injury, including a spinal cord injury—go to the ER immediately.
- While it is normal to feel tired following your accident as your body works to heal itself, if you find yourself struggling with ongoing drowsiness or extreme fatigue, you could have a traumatic brain injury.
- You are experiencing vision or hearing issues that were not present immediately following your car accident. Blurry vision, ringing in the ears, tunnel vision, and other eye and ear issues warrant a trip to see a medical professional as quickly as possible as they could indicate an underlying brain injury.
- Confusion or disorientation might be present immediately following your Harvey car accident but should resolve fairly quickly. If you notice these symptoms later, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- Chest pain or abdominal pain are indicators of a more serious underlying condition. While the force of an airbag can cause soreness to the chest and abdomen, lasting or more severe pain in these areas could indicate organ damage or internal bleeding.
Why Should You See a Doctor After Your Car Accident?
In an ideal world, every single person who is involved in a car accident would immediately go to the ER, Urgent Care, or their doctor to be thoroughly checked out. Far too many times, victims of car accidents think they are not that seriously injured and fail to seek any medical interventions at all. You may believe you are just sore or tired from the accident, or that the stomach or chest pain you are feeling is from the seatbelt or airbag, but the reality is that unless you see a doctor, you don’t really know.
Further, later when you realize your injuries are very serious and file a claim against the negligent party, the insurance company may try to say that if you had really been injured in the collision, you would have sought medical attention. During a car accident, adrenaline floods the body, often masking symptoms of a serious injury. For your health and your future, always seek medical attention immediately following a Harvey car accident.
How a Harvey Car Accident Attorney from New Orleans Legal Can Help
Solving Problems. Making Things Right. These are the words attorney Peter J. Diiorio believes passionately. Peter wants those individuals who are injured, unable to work and facing financial devastation to be able to let go of some of their worry, anxiety, and stress. Peter will do everything in his power to ensure those facing the trauma of a personal injury claim will be able to focus on their future and on healing while he fights for maximum recovery.
In short, attorney Peter J. Diiorio wants to be the advocate in your corner when life throws you a curve. Harvey car accident attorney Peter Diiorio and the team from New Orleans Legal believe in you and your future and will use every bit of experience, knowledge, and skill possessed to secure a fair settlement on your behalf. We can’t change what happened to you, but we can change how it turns out. Contact Peter J. Diiorio today.