- What We Do At New Orleans Legal
- Why We Do What We Do
- What Makes Us Special
- Types of Clients We Serve
- Our Achievements
- Our Communication Policy
- Our Beliefs
What We Do At New Orleans Legal
We help people. We help people who are in need, at times when they’re in despair, or when their luck is a little bit down because they’ve been in a car accident, or hurt on the job, or are involved in an insurance dispute, or are suffering some other legal problem that they just can’t handle on their own. These are folks who need help.
What we do every day at New Orleans Legal is we help these people. And they don’t have to come to us with any money, they usually just have to come to us with a problem. We’ll finance their case, we’ll help them out, we’ll do everything in our power to get them a recovery, to put them back together the best we can, and to solve their problem.
Of course, we can’t take our clients back to the day before an accident and un-break their leg, for example, if they broke a leg in an accident. But what we can do is get them compensation. Or we can get them their insurance money if they are involved in an insurance claim. Or we can figure out and solve their legal problem.
So again, no legal system in the world provides the ability to go back in time and undo what happened in the past. But the American legal system, which is where we help people every day, gives our clients money as compensation for what they went through, or what they deserve. And that’s how we help people.
For example, in injury matters, the legal system allows us to get our clients economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages. That means we come in and get money for folks who might have lost money because of medical bills, or who might have lost money because they weren’t able to work. But the legal system also allows us to get our clients non-economic damages – the pain and suffering involved with their injury, the embarrassment they endured, the humility they had to deal with when they weren’t able to go out and do things with their friends or family, or the loss of enjoyment when they couldn’t go and do whatever it is that they enjoy doing.
In fact, the only recourse that injured victims or insurance policy-holders have against profit-motivated corporations is the court system. And we know very well that a trial lawyer must be willing and able to push a case to trial in order to maximize their client’s recovery since corporate defendants employ armies of attorneys to delay the process and frustrate injured or wronged folks. So we take on the biggest corporations and prepare every case as if it will eventually go to trial, to maximize each and every one of our client’s recovery, whether that happens at settlement or at trial.
So that’s how New Orleans Legal helps people. We get them the money that they deserve, as a result of their automobile accident, their accident at work, their insurance dispute, or whatever it may be that caused them to call us in the first place. We aggressively take on our clients’ legal problems until they are solved. We are here for the sole purpose of helping these people and solving their problems. We understand that our clients deeply depend upon us to aggressively pursue justice on their behalf, and we consider this trust to be sacred.
Why We Do What We Do
Why do we do what we do at New Orleans Legal? Because we care about our clients. We care about our clients, and we put our clients first. At New Orleans Legal, we work hard to develop a personalized understanding of what we can do for them. That means always being available to talk with our clients. That means getting to know our clients and understand their needs and desires. That means going to visit our clients when they can’t come to us. That means seeing our clients’ cases through to the end, no matter the odds or the costs.
So New Orleans Legal focuses on the types of cases we do because we want to help people who are in need. Whether they’ve been in an accident, or they’ve been hurt or wronged in any sort that wasn’t their fault, we want to help. And we are good at it because we are experienced and we enjoy doing it. In particular, we find it extremely rewarding to solve the complex problems that our clients come to us with, and we find it extremely rewarding to make things right for our clients, which usually means recovering a maximum amount of money for them.
When our clients initially reach out to us, we see that opportunity to help as tremendously special. And when our clients choose to hire us to handle their matter, we consider this to be a sacred trust. We know that our clients usually come to us wounded and weary, and we understand that they depend upon us to aggressively pursue justice on their behalf. We enjoy getting to know our clients and helping them, and we are deeply motivated by the opportunity to achieve something immensely important for our clients that they were unable to handle on their own.
What Makes Us Special
What makes New Orleans Legal special is the combination of our extremely personalized service to our clients and our exceptional track record. We provide aggressive and effective legal representation to our clients with the highest standards of excellence, compassion, and integrity. There are other attorneys out there with similar records of recovering millions of dollars for their clients, but these attorneys will not be there to pick up the phone whenever their clients call, or to work closely with their clients every step of the way in a personalized approach for each client.
In fact, one of the main differences between New Orleans Legal and other firms is that clients actually get to speak directly to and work directly with the attorney Mr. Diiorio. Most firms have paralegals or secretaries or young inexperienced attorneys speak to their clients, and their clients only see an experienced attorney at an initial meeting or on a court day.
At New Orleans Legal, we walk our clients through every step. Our clients receive sound advice straight from an accomplished, experienced attorney, and Mr. Diiorio is always available to our clients. At New Orleans Legal, we have made total client satisfaction our foremost priority. With the understanding that our greatest asset is the ability to treat each client as an individual with unique needs, we have helped hundreds of folks in New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana obtain the fair and necessary compensation and solutions they deserve. We always provide personalized attention and deliver prompt communication so that our clients always know where their case stands.
We understand that both the aftermath of a tragedy, like an accident or another injury, and the difficulty of a legal dispute, bring with them all kinds of physical, mental, emotional and financial stress. These situations can leave folks physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially devastated. At New Orleans Legal, we understand what clients are going through, and we bring the patience and resolve necessary to pick up the pieces, solve these problems, and make things right again for our clients.
Types of Clients We Serve
At New Orleans Legal, we help several different types of people, coming to us with diverse sets of problems. But what these folks have in common is that they are all facing problems or injuries that they cannot solve by themselves.
We help people who have been injured. That means people who have been involved in car accidents, trucking accidents, biking accidents or pedestrian accidents, including accidents involving drinking and driving claims, and underinsured and uninsured motorist claims.
We also help folks who have been injured in slip and fall, trip and fall, and other premise liability matters, including unsafe conditions created by foreign substances, or construction defects, or design defects.
And we help people who have suffered catastrophic injuries and people who have lost a loved one due to the improper acts of others.
We also help people who have been injured while at work. These types of cases are referred to as workers compensation cases. We make sure these folks who are injured at work receive their lost wages, get all their medical bills paid, receive whatever medical care they choose for their injuries, and obtain a fair and beneficial settlement. These workers compensation injuries can be minor, but they can also be catastrophic and even fatal.
We also help people who are involved in insurance disputes. That means we step in aggressively when insurance companies refuse to pay the full amount – or any amount – of what they are supposed to pay.
This includes helping folks whose home or property has been damaged by a hurricane, flood, fire, tornado, or another disaster. It also includes recovering money for people who are beneficiaries of life insurance policies. Or really when any type of insurance company denies coverage, meaning that they say you aren’t covered and deserve nothing.
We also aggressively handle “bad faith” claims against insurance companies on behalf of our clients. These “bad faith” claims can result in an award of 200% penalties plus attorney’s fees for failing to accurately and timely evaluate and pay insurance claims.
We also help people who need help with successions, mainly when there are disputes at issue. This process is often referred to as the “probate” process, or as “probate litigation” when disputes are involved. We help both succession representations and heirs, and we help anyone asserting a claim to become either a succession representation or an heir. Just some of the examples of how we help in succession disputes include:
- Representing succession representatives;
- Representing heirs in a succession;
- Proving or challenging the legitimacy of a will;
- Confirming or disputing who the heirs are in a succession;
- Confirming or challenging who the succession representative should be;
- Removing or opposing removal of a succession representative;
- Verifying or disputing exactly what each heir should receive;
- Authorizing or disputing the actions of a succession representative; and
- Validating or disputing the expenses used by a succession representative.
General Civil Litigation
We also help people who have problems that, if not resolved between the parties, need to go to court. Broadly speaking, these types of cases are referred to as general civil litigation. Most often, we try to stay out of court if possible, but if that’s not possible, we do not hesitate to go into court to resolve the problems as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Just some of the examples of the general civil litigation we handle are:
- Business disputes;
- Contract disputes;
- Fraud and theft cases, either in a personal situation or a business environment;
- Defending a lawsuit from another person or business;
- Forcing a bank to return funds improperly taken from a client’s account;
- Property co-ownership disputes; and
- Denial of money or property you are entitled to.
- We have helped hundreds of clients in New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana.
- We have recovered over 7 million dollars in insurance claims and lawsuits.
- We have also recovered millions of dollars in personal injury claims and workers compensation benefits.
- In the courtroom, we have successfully taken numerous cases to trial, both judge and jury trials.
- In probate and succession litigation, we have invalidated wills and removed succession representatives.
- On the appellate court level, we have successfully overturned trial court judgments in the courts of appeal.
- Outside of the courtroom, we have compelled banks, corporations, businesses, and other parties to return or provide millions of dollars in funds or property unjustly taken or owed.
Our Communication Policy
First, almost all phone calls from our clients at New Orleans Legal are returned on the same day on which our clients reach out. If not the same day, we have a strict 24-hour policy, wherein our clients’ phone calls are returned within 24 hours.
Second, our clients never have an issue getting through to their attorney. When you call us, your call will be answered by either a secretary or often the attorney himself. Mr. Diiorio will take that call unless he is in a meeting or on another call.
Third, at New Orleans Legal, we work with our clients to develop the communications approach that works best for them. We will provide our clients with as much or as little information on their case as they want when they want. Either way, our clients can rest assured that their case is being handled aggressively, efficiently, and according to the strategy approved by the client.
- We believe in always listening carefully to our clients about their concerns throughout the legal process.
- We believe in recognizing our clients’ goals early on in the legal process so that we can provide them the best-individualized strategy to achieve their desired outcome.
- We believe in aggressive representation, in and out of the courtroom, to solve the problems of our clients, and to make things right for our clients.
- We believe in providing our clients with close personal attention, which means answering all our clients’ questions, meeting with our clients as often as they wish, and doing everything possible to treat our clients the way we would like to be treated if we were the client.
- We believe in providing our clients with immediate access, which means if we are in the office and available when you call, we will speak with you immediately, and if we are out of the office or with a client, we will return your call as soon as possible.
- We believe in promptly returning phone calls and quickly responding to our clients’ requests.
- We believe in continuing to update our clients as to the progress of their matter and helping them to understand the legal process.
- We believe in providing our clients with fair and reasonable fees, which includes keeping a close eye on all costs associated with every matter, to provide our clients with value in every respect and put the maximum amount of money in their pocket.
- We believe in providing our clients with contingency fee arrangements whenever possible, which means that if we do not recover any money for them, our clients won’t owe anything at all for attorney’s fees, costs, or expenses.